WORK WITH US
Layered is a Swedish interior brand that offers quality mats and furniture with modern Scandinavian design. Founded in 2015, we work with the vision to create unique designs inspired by different types of art forms in fashion, architecture, photography, and culture.
We strive to build a brand with a sustainable focus and to contribute to reduced environmental impact. Sales are through omnichannel and our own showroom as well as through our own web sales, resellers, and agents. We are a team of 9 people and are centrally located on Engelbrektsgatan 21 at Humlegården in Stockholm.
LAYERED is now recruiting an Art Director to the headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
As Layered’s new Art Director you are responsible for our visual identity across all channels and communicates our brand with an innovative, digitally-driven mindset. As our new Art Director, you will have a broad and important role in creating Layered’s creative content together with our marketing and brand team, always paying attention to news within design and customer experience. You will play a key role in contributing to Layereds’ continued success by creating visually engaging, innovative and functional imagery, layouts and campaigns. One of the key aspects of your role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between design and serving our brand’s customer needs.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Developing, delivering and publishing best-in-class content (visuals, moving imagery, etc.)
- Develop tailor-made content & campaigns for our digital channels such as website, social media, newsletters and key accounts, as well as for our showroom, wholesale catalog, display material and press releases.
- Create all-new visual artworks for our product range of rugs and furniture.
- Responsible for creating our visual campaigns including photography, layout and retouch.
- Owner of visual brand guidelines.
- The go-to person for all assignments within the area of layout and design.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for a communicative, open and ambitious person who aspires to create outstanding creative content and would like to join a young, growing company on our journey of expansion. As a person, the right candidate has a genuine interest in design, interior and lifestyle and likes to have a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities. To be successful in this role you should have/be:
- 2-3 years minimum experience as Art Director, Digital Designer (or similar) from an agency or lifestyle brand – preferably with a strong digital background.
- University degree - preferably in communication, marketing, advertising
Key competencies & Behaviors
- Creativity at the heart
- An eye for aesthetic and a good feel for tone of voice and communication
- Productive, independent and a self-starter; takes full ownership over projects and assignments.
- Excellent skills in adobe creative suite / cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Preferably also skills and interest in photography.
- Experience and interest of working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Digital native with desire to test and evaluate new tactics. Interest of targeted consumer and key customer insights
- Previous experience from digital design, UX and creating outstanding customer experiences.
- Team player with diplomatic and good communication skills, good at receiving and sharing feedback
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and portfolio to CMO email@example.com no later than February 16.